Friday, July 5, 2013

Write the Vision...

Writing is so therapeutic to me.  I feel that I write better than I speak a lot of times.  Writing is also very liberating for me.  Whether it is my own or someone else's writing I love the imagery and emotions that are invoked.  Have you ever started reading a book that you did not want to put down?  Has a writing ever made you happy, surprised or angry?  If so, then you have experienced the power of the written word.

It is no wonder that I have not switched over electronically like I should have.  I refuse to let a computer, phone or ipad leave me unable to function because they refuse to recover my information.  Of course I use electronic documents, but you better bet that they were constructed from a handwritten document first.  I carry a physical journal with me everywhere I go and I love to record important happenings and vision.

Writings can impact your emotions.  They can give you images and stir you to action.  Habakuk 2:2 states, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."  Writing the vision is designed to empower - - excite - - and move one to action.  I have read writings that have made me feel a certain way.  I have read writings that stirred my empathy and support.  I have read writings that impacted my life and made me change my behavior. 

The written word is so powerful.  I encourage you to write the vision and make it plain.  Write the vision for your business, for your home, for your marriage, for raising your children, for your career, for your finances, etc. And if for no one else write it so that you will read it and run.  Run to God in prayer -- run in faith -- run to make it happen. 

Habakuk 2:3 begins, "For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie..."  Yes!  Let your vision speak.  Write your vision, make it plain and let it catapult you into your destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment