Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More On Your Way

Who would have thought that I would be here right now composing my first article for a blog?  I know that when I got up this morning, I didn't.  For the past few years all I have wanted to do was position myself to educate persons using God's Word as the foundation so that they can live their best lives.  I know that I wanted to impact the lives of God's people, but had no idea how that would happen.

There I was setting goals for the New Year and it came to me first to start a You Tube Channel.  I totally laughed at myself for even thinking the thought.  Me, uploading videos on You Tube.  So not me.  I could not get the thought out of my head so I began to research.  I looked at some of the persons that I had subscribed to on You Tube and noticed that they did not only have their own You Tube Channels, but websites and blogs.  I personally enjoy blogs and subscribe to a few.  It's just that I've never envisioned myself hosting one.

The next thing I knew I was researching how to start a blog.  I immediately went into prayer and began to come up with the intricacies of the blogsite: name, motto, duscussion topics, etc.  The more I researched the more it seemed to get overwhelming.  I would need to buy the domain name, find a host, get a logo, learn to use Word Press, decide on what tabs to use, select my social media avenues or just sign up for all of them, RSS Feeds and some other things.

My scheduled launch date was to be July 1, 2012.  Surely I would have everything figured out by the second quarter of the year and be ready to go, right?  I came across an article by Penelope Trunk just about an hour ago and she wrote to just get started.  She encouraged the readers to just start blogging and worry about the other intricacies later.  She wrote to just start expressing your passion, get used to blogging, practice and post, post, post.  Those words were the Rhema Word (the right now Word that requires a right now action) for me.  I selected one of her suggested sites moments ago and here I am composing my first article and I am excited.  God has given me more on my way than when I started.

That's how God works.  He'll give you more on your way than when you started.  But you have to start.  Hebrews 11:7 states, "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as of yet, moved with fear prepared an ark to the saving of his house;..."  I am nervous about this undertaking.  I want to be obedient to God and be a blessing to persons.  I am moving with fear like Noah and I look forward to seeing the God results that this journey is going to produce.  For Noah - his house/family was saved.  What a blessing!

The Virtous Women's Network is the place where Virtuous Women gather about all things that pertain unto life and Godliness (II Peter 1:3).  I hope that you will join me for the journey.  It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment